After water damage, how can I save my iPhone?

After water damage, how can I save my iPhone?

What is the first step to take when an iPhone gets wet?

If the iPhone has any malfunction due to water damage, the first step is to turn off the phone immediately. The internal components of the phone can be damaged by water, which can cause some functions to stop working or even prevent the phone from turning on. Turning off the phone can reduce the chances of further damage.


Note: when an iPhone gets wet, do not use a hairdryer.

Many iPhone users who have sent their water-damaged iPhones to the MOTEX Lab have claimed that they immediately used a hairdryer to dry the phone. However, this is not recommended because it can cause the motherboard to expand and contract due to temperature changes, leading to more severe damage. Also, do not turn on the phone because it can cause a short circuit on the motherboard, which may lead to the need for expensive repairs.Some iPhone users even put their phones in a container of rice, but this is unnecessary and can cause some of the phone's holes to become clogged, which can further damage the components.


For iPhone water damage, you can take it to the MOTEX Lab for repair. We have a specific process for repairing water-damaged iPhones, which involves removing the motherboard and doing a complete cleaning. After cleaning, they will test the phone to see if it has been repaired.


Based on the experience of MOTEX Lab in repairing over hundreds of water-damaged iPhones, the success rate of cleaning and restoring phone functionality is 80% if the phone is brought in for repair immediately after water damage occurs. Don’t hesitate to bring your iPhone to MOTEX Lab for a check if you have the problem.

Back to blog